Primary Child Care Provider - Great Pay and Benefits!
Wallowa Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce we are seeking qualified candidates for our Primary Child Care Provider to lead our on-site child care facility. This position is full time. The salary range for this position is $52,000 – $62,400 based on full time status and contingent on relevant experience and education. If making a difference by doing meaningful work and caring for children of healthcare professionals in a beautiful location resonates with you, please keep reading.
The Primary Childcare Provider will provide quality childcare services for children of healthcare employees. They will care for children 0-5 years old. The Primary Childcare Provider is responsible for creating the schedule and overseeing other childcare providers. They report to and will assist the Child Care Director with administrative duties such as licensing, certification, provider education and budgeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities, wellness and behavior.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore their interests.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Infant and Child CPR and First Aid required.
- Current Food Handler’s Certification required.
- Must complete at least 2 hours training on child abuse and neglect.
- Office of Child Care approved safe sleep training required.
- Must have competence, sound judgement and self-control in working with children.
- Be mentally, physically and emotionally capable of performing duties related to child care.
- Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- One year qualifying teaching experience other than registered family care or
- One year successful operation as a certified family child care home or
- 30 quarter or 20 semester credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or
- Attain Step 8 in the Oregon Registry