Northeast Oregon Economic Development District (NEOEDD) offers a free, six-week workshop series to help entrepreneurs and small-business owners build the basis for a successful enterprise. Register by Friday, Apr. 19 to reserve your seat in Baker City, La Grande, or Enterprise. But, don’t wait—class size is limited!
NEOEDD has offered the Business Foundations program for more than ten years, and participants give rave reviews. This hands-on class covers the basics of running a successful business: overhead and variable costs, goal-setting and sales projections, marketing, taxes and licensing, and other considerations, and brings it all together in a business plan. Best of all, thanks to a Community Development Block Grant through Union County, the classes are offered free of charge!
The workshops last six weeks, with the following topics:
• Gaining Perspective: Consider your business concept.
• Laying the Foundation: Define line of business and analyze financial essentials, from overhead costs to break-even point.
• Getting into the Flow: Cover the financial essentials of cash flow, sales forecasting, and financial documents.
• Mission & Markets: Revisit mission, discuss market research, and identify competitors in order to align with target markets.
• Get the Word Out: Discuss creative marketing strategies and give peer feedback on marketing materials.
• Goodbye & Good Luck: Present your business plan, share final pitch, and plan for next steps.
To register, call NEOEDD by Friday, September 21, at 541-426-3598 or 800-645-9454, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference is made to people with low-to-moderate incomes; income verification is required.